Join the Club
Hike … Apply … Join!
How to hike with us
- Step 1
Find a hike you would like to join here.
- Step 2
Phone the hike leader to find out what is required e.g. rain gear, fitness level, experience required, grade of hike, what to bring, etc.
- Step 3
Arrive on time, dressed appropriately, with the required gear and the R30 nominal levy per hike that is charged for visitors.
- Members don’t pay the visitor levy.
- Members receive preferential booking on hikes where numbers are limited.
- Members receive advance notice of upcoming hikes. The updated hiking schedule is emailed to members every two to three months.
- Members are allowed to lead hikes.
- Members form life-long friendships with other members.
- Members enjoy reciprocity with The Johannesburg Hiking Club
- Still reading this?
What are you waiting for?
Attend three hikes
As a prospective member, you must attend three hikes before you can apply for membership so that you can meet some members of the Club and familiarise yourself with our activities.
Apply for membership
After your third hike, you can download the Membership Application Form, complete it and and send it to us. Contact and banking details are on the form.
Membership fees 2021
Membership is per calendar year from 1 January – 31 December. The annual subscription fee per adult is R150. Under 18’s pay a discounted rate of R100. Younger members are welcome.
Pay your fees
On receipt of the completed form and payment of the relevant subscription and entrance fees, you will be made a full member. Don’t forget to add YOUR SURNAME and SUBS as the payment reference. If you do not have EFT facilities, please add R10 per payment (if you are making a cash or cheque deposit) to cover bank charges.